[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » OOC (Out of Character) » OOC Forum » REM student ugg womens boots
REM student ugg womens boots
markmiuselcDate: Sunday, 24 Nov 2013, 8:52 AM | Message # 1
Private
Group: Users
Awards: 0
Despite the support of several of its more famous residents, voters within this city of the well-dressed and well-heeled rejected a step requiring fur garments to own labels explaining how the animals died. Measure A, the only real issue on Tuesday's ballot, was defeated by 3,363 to a single,908, or 63.8 percent to 36.2 percent, city spokeswoman Robin Chancellor said. A little over a quarter of the city's 20,000 registered voters cast ballots. Having said that, the bill's supporters said these folks were pleased with the publicity they received. ?"It's disappointing to reduce the election, but we've won the battle,?" said Luke Montgomery, campaign manager of Beverly Hills Consumers for Informed Choice, the viewers behind the measure. ?"All we wanted was a little tag telling people what animals undergo and we got front pages all over the planet,?" he said. ?"A lots of people around the world now know of the cruelty these animals are put through.?" Jack Lemmon, Sid Caesar and Larry King were among the residents who supported the proposal, which could have been the first of its kind in america. The measure would have required furriers to put credit card-sized tags on furs costing over $50, warning that the animals was electrocuted, gassed, poisoned, clubbed, stomped, drowned or snagged by steel-jawed traps. Regulations would have carried a $100-per-item acceptable for violations.If the bill had passed, stores that can prove their garments are produced from animals killed humanely wouldn?'t must display the warnings. Exclusive stores in your community carry some of the world?'s finest pelts, reports CBS News Correspondent Vince Gonzales. Just one can cost tens of thousands of dollars. ?"The indisputable fact that the city rejected this measure implies that Beverly Hills is not the place to try goofy ideas,?" Rudy Cole, No on the Committee campaign manager, told the la Times. Voter Judith Karlan was angry about $60,000 cost of the special election. ?"It's a horrible waste of money,?" she said. ?"It could've been put on a ballot with six other pursuits to vote on. What is so important about this??" The pro-Measure A bunch argued that retailers have misled consumers by saying animals are killed humanely. The campaign raised $75,000 and sent 5,000 videotapes to registered voters showing hidden camera excerpts of Beverly Hills fur merchants claiming the deaths were merciful. The absolutely no on A campaign spent $81,000, saying the initiative was another attack by animal rights extremists who wish to hurt the fur industry. Behrouz Mahboubi, who works in property management, claimed it was a matter for the federal government, not a municipality, to decide. ?"This is not a practical thing. How could an outlet or shopkeeper know in which a coat is coming from, or that they kill the animal??" Mahboubi said."Where will it stop?" asked Keith Kaplan of the Fur Asociation of Southern California. "When you head into a restaurant and there?'s meat for the menu, do you expect your waiter to know how the cow lived and how the cow was managed? It?'s pretty unreasonable." mulberry outlet review Duane Grigg was sitting in front of his television in North Carolina Thursday afternoon watching the talk over Florida's electoral votes unfold. By midnight, he was considering a Palm Beach hotel to see the historic moment firsthand."I know without the question that it was history from the making," the 32-year-old manufacturing employee from Charlotte said because he slung his gym bag over his shoulder and headed to his accommodation Thursday. "And I felt Palm Beach County was the epicenter of these history."Grigg joined a minor multitude that has converged on this southeast Florida coastal city.CBS News Correspondent Bobbi Harley reports that throngs of protesters are claiming the ballot in Palm Beach was unclear, if not illegal.One voter, Ron Lichman, said the "statute section 101 from the Florida voting method indicates that the punch holes or the check marks" on a ballot "should be on the right side" - this is not on both sides as it was in Palm Beach. But GOP officials within the state are saying both parties approved the ballot prior to the election.But that is not stopping protesters from demanding a re-vote.Crowds of mostly Gore supporters began gathering before noon Thursday with the Palm Beach County Governmental Center, the place that the Rev. Jesse Jackson led a rally demanding a fresh election in the county. Inside low-slung concrete building, an embattled county canvassing board was looking to decide how to respond to complaints that some 19,000 ballots were dumped because more than one presidential candidate was selected. The streets outside the government building had the air of a carnival, with hot-dog vendors vying with up to 1,000 sign-carrying protesters for space. By midnight, just a couple dozen remained. Doris Church, who turns 82 on Friday, sat inside a wheelchair with an oxygen tube in their own nose, chewing on ice chips flexible terms with the heat. Her granddaughter, Tracy Hill, held indicative that read: "My grandmother deserves a revote." Church, who has a master's degree and taught senior high school and college, said she realized after voting she had messed up her ballot. "I'm not only a dummy," she said, gasping for breath. "I don't possess my body, but I have my brains." Later at night, down the highway in Riviera Beach, Jackson held sway at the New Macedonia Baptist Church, leading hundreds in a gathering that was part prayer revival, part pep rally. The red-cushioned pews were filled, each aisle of the small stucco church was lined with folding chairs. Jackson, standing before a blue-tiled baptismal trough, invoked the spirits of countless who died fighting for civil rights. "For so long, we marched and bled for the right to vote," Jackson roared. "The same people who fought for it and died for it are begging for it to be applied."
When she went to work for Kmart, she says told them "which drugs I don't dispense." mulberry hobo This commentary was written by CBSNews.com's Dick Meyer. Jello? With the misadventures of a local school, I've visit learn that vodka-laced Jello shooters would be the pot brownies of the '00s (although I'm certain mind altering pastry continues to have a loyal following). Apparently, it's easy to sneak booze into parties and dances if one makes lime gelatin with vodka as opposed to water, then cut it up into cubes and stick it in some baggies. Apparently, I'm among the last to know about this trick. Only wasn't, well, you're now duly warned.Even though your kid wouldn't be caught dead doing actual kitchen work, danger lurks. They could get a fake id and go buy some Fuzzy Navel Zippers, the "original gelatin shot," in a liquor store. There are other flavors of Zippers manufactured by BPNC, Inc., too -- Melon Head, Blue Hawaiian along with the distinguished Purple Hooter. For more information, take a look at their Web site.I may be wrong, but I don't imagine many adults would like to try consuming Purple Hooter Zippers. It can be illegal to sell original gelatin shooters to minors, needless to say. But it is not illegal to style products and advertising for those under 21 years-old. The beer and spirits industries say they just don't do this. There is an industry "Code of Responsible Practices for Beverage Alcohol Advertising and Marketing" and the industry's trade association will succeed at getting some firms that violate that code to drag their bad ads.However the case of Zippers pretty quickly shows how kooky the complete business of regulating liquor marketing is within modern media America. Consider the Web site: the code says "age verification mechanisms must be employed" liquor product sites. As well as, zippershot.com asks when you were born. Now, visit the site and lie regarding your age and surf the website. Age verification? Right, dude.Consider the product. You cannot prove that Zippers or each of the peach and watermelon "alcopops" and soda-flavored malt drinks out there now are targeted at teens and underage drinkers or usually are meant to be "gateway" drinks. But it insults basic human intelligence to point out they aren't. And a recent survey by the American Medical Association of kids between 12 and 18 shows 31 percent of girls and 19 percent of boys had drunk alcopops within the last six months.The industry code, though, says that if booze marketing appears on tv that can be expected to be seen by a crowd that is 70 percent adult is fine for some, if it's not too sexed up, abusive, untrue or has various other, highly subjective, disqualifying feature.So yes, a does somewhat restrict it's marketing, but it's pretty much a farce. But here's the tricky part. How is it that the liquor industry restrict its marketing whatsoever? Why shouldn't they invent Jello shooters and even laced chocolate syrup or boozy juice boxes with Sponge Bob with them? no previous page next 1/2
Journalists around the world faced a higher variety of arrests, threats, attacks and acts of censorship in 2001 as opposed to previous year, media advocacy group Reporters Without Borders said.In the report released Wednesday, the Paris-based group declared that 489 journalists were arrested in 2001, up nearly 1 / 2 from a year ago.As of New Year's Day, there are 110 journalists still being locked in prisons around the world, with Iran, Myanmar, China, Eritrea and Nepal holding the biggest numbers, the report said.There are 31 journalists killed in 2001, which was one less than a year earlier. Asia was one of the most deadly continent for journalists, comprising nearly half of the deaths. Eight reporters died in Afghanistan while covering the events that followed the Sept. 11 attacks in the usa, the group said.The number of journalists attacked or threatened a year ago rose to 716, a jump of nearly 40 % from 2000. The largest quantities of attacks occurred in Bangladesh, Colombia and Zimbabwe.Foreign correspondents faced tight controls in numerous countries, including Zimbabwe, Cuba, Liberia and China, the report said.Another group, the Belgium-based International Federation of Journalists, said inside a report issued Dec. 17 that up to 100 news media staff died around the world in 2001.The federation seemed to have used broader criteria for journalists, including on its list six broadcast engineers killed within the Sept. 11 attack about the World Trade Center (2 of whom worked for WCBS-TV) and a photo editor software kit who died of anthrax yet others not listed by Reporters Without Borders.©MMIII The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed ugg tall boots For people suffering from intense physical pain, standard topical treatments and drugs do not always work. Some chronic pain patients have looked to alternative therapies for help, reports Correspondent Helen Chickering of CBS News Affiliate WBTV in Charlotte, N.C.An accident five years ago wrecked Virginia Connoly's life."I a lot of broken bones in the upper section of my body," Connoly says. "The breast bone was broken, the clavicle bone was broken, shattered around the left side, ribs were broken about the right side."The broken bones healed, but her pain only got worse. She went through physical and medicinal therapies. Nothing worked."He informs me, 'You have to deal with this. You have to live such as this,'" she says, recalling her doctor's consultation. "'There are few things I can do to help you.'"Connoly says he offered drug therapies, but she failed to want to take pain medicine anymore. About the advice of a friend, she went along to see Dr. Ray Drury, a chiropractor.His goal is to the root of the pain problem, not simply treat the symptoms. He believes Connoly's pain stems from a misalignment in her neck."We're attempting to find that impedement, open that up, thenit begins working," Drury explains."There are over 600 million office visits to providers of different care," says Dr. David Eisenberg of Beth Israel Medicine Center. "By contrast there are just 380 million office visits to all primary care physicians combined. This is an enormous part of the system."Dr. Gerald Aronoff, an expert who has written a book on chronic pain, says many patients take Connoly's path."If it will help, it works, if it doesn't cause any adverse side effects and seems reasonable, The year progresses along with patients on some of these things," Aronoff says. "However, when they are doing this long-term and saying, 'I'm still in treatment, and so i can't get on with my life,' I tend to cut that off, because care is designed or should be built to help people function better and have on with their life," he adds.Connoly says she's got been able to move on from her pain."I was relieved in the pain and I still -- it is unreal to me," she says. "I would not have this pain after I managed it for four years at the time. I'm able to work. I have no pain."
Critics fear research could be rushed if the goal in eliminating cancer becomes making money. Though the National Cancer Institute believes government funding has done all it can to find a cure. Now it's around capitalism. mulberry purses sale Armed guards have stepped up their watch with the U.S. Embassy in Malaysia, reports CBS News Correspondent Sharyl Attkisson . Five other embassies have got all but closed -- at least temporarily. Still more, including the embassy in Egypt, have decrease, or even moved their operations.The heightened security comes as the U.S. issued a blunt warning about threats to American interests in Egypt, Malaysia and Yemen, including possible "attacks on buildings.""Ambassadors, commanders all over the world are assessing their safety measures in light of last Friday's attacks and taking appropriate security steps," said national security spokesman P.J. Crowley. Top national security advisers briefed President Clinton in the White House Wednesday. They do not believe any of the arrests made thus far are significant. However, 70 more FBI agents are headed to East Africa to join the investigation.Officials are also re-examining the suicide bombing from the Egyptian embassy in Pakistan three years ago, saying it bears some similarities.But the unsolved truck bomb attack on a US facility in Saudi Arabia 's what first revealed the frightening reach in the new, more powerful terrorist bombs."When a bomb that big faces us, it means that we have to have a setback of 1000 feet plus many cities where we now have existing embassies, it's impossible to close the primary streets that we're located on," said Pat O'Hanlon, formerly in the State Department's diplomatic security service.Regardless of the new security alerts, the U.S. emphasizes it is not "closing" any installations. Instead, it's going to ask congress for emergency funding to rebuild the destroyed embassies. The president has also ordered the State Department to generate a plan by the end of the week to improve security. Reported by Sharyl Attkisson©1998, CBS Worldwide Inc., All Rights Reserved
Deep snow and whiteout conditions on Mount Rainier thwarted efforts to succeed in an injured climber stranded with a companion close to the summit, slowing climbing rangers and forcing a helicopter to abort a rescue attempt.The injured man, who had previously been showing signs of a severe head trauma, and his climbing partner were stuck to get a second night on a 45-degree slope with steep and rocky terrain above and below them. Temperatures dipped below zero Fahrenheit Sunday night."There couldn't be described as a worse place on the mountain to try and do a rescue, it's very extreme terrain," Lee Taylor, a spokeswoman for Mount Rainier National Park.Peter Cooley, 39, slipped and fell early Fun on Liberty Ridge on the 12,300-foot level of the 14,410-foot mountain."He's into and out of consciousness, not coherent, agitated. He is not in good mental condition," Taylor said. She said the damage is life-threatening and he needs to reach a healthcare facility as soon as possible.His climbing partner, Scott Richards, 42, set up a tent and boiled water, Taylor said. The happy couple, both from Cape Elizabeth, Maine, had enough supplies to have them through the night as they awaited a rescue effort anticipated to take several days. The stranded men were in intermittent exposure to rescuers by cell phone.Two rescue climbers started their ascent Saturday coupled with been expected to reach the stranded men by mid-afternoon. By early Sunday evening, however, they remained a lot more than 3,000 feet under the men and were not anticipated to get to them until Monday morning, said park spokeswoman Patti Wold.For the time being, authorities were able to drop some supplies on the pair, park spokesman Kevin Bacher told CBS Radio News, including another sleeping bag and a better radio with which to communicate with rescuers.Poor weather also prevented an attempt to rescue the stranded men employing a helicopter from the Oregon Air National Guard. It was sent to wait back in Yakima, east with the mountain, Wold said.The rescue climbers planned to find out how to safely bring down the lads once they assessed the situation, Taylor said.Richards was called an experienced climber who has scaled the summit before.Mount Rainier, about 60 miles southeast of Seattle from the Cascade range, is a popular place to go for hikers and mountaineers. ugg tall black Agnes Breslin and Carrie Viglucci were killed from the very drugs that were supposed to save their lives, CBS News Correspondent Diana Olick reports. A nurse in Albany, N.Y., mistakenly gave them the incorrect doses, and now their families are suing. Attorney Daniel Santola, that's representing the victims, thinks "we tend in our society to focus our attention about the advancements made in medical technology, along with what we forget to look at will be the basics, which is killing us."When looking at the medical mistakes blamed for killing tens of thousands of Americans each year , errors involving prescription drugs are among the greatest culprits. "It's inevitable," says Dr. Ray Woosley, Georgetown University Infirmary. "If you prescribe medications you may either make a mistake or you will create a breeding ground where mistakes can occur."The cause can be as simple as bad handwriting. In Texas, one pharmacist who chanced a guess with the drug name on an illegible prescription caused a patient's death. What's in a name? Woosley offers the pills Norvasc and Navein as an example. Though the two are very different medications, he says, "when written, they look very much alike."When confused, they could be lethal. Yet drug companies use similar names, like Celebrex and Celexa, despite an absence of shelf space and so much room for error. Until recently, no one was keeping track."If I retrieve of the parking lot tonight on the way home and bump into a vehicle the law says I have to call and report it," Woosley explains. "But there is not any law that says I have to call and report it basically kill someone with the next prescription I write."The medical and pharmaceutical industries have escaped such regulation during the past. For example, a common parking ticket has to be written legibly or it's legally invalid -- but a prescription which could save or kill you, does not.One company is now developing the MD Pad, a hand-held electronic prescription pad with a built in printer; patients then carry the printout for the pharmacy. But ultimately, patients themselves should check and recheck to make sure that what they desire is actually what's in the bottle.
Paul Burrell already had worked for the British royal family for 11 years as he served wedding breakfast to Lady Diana Spencer and Prince Charles in July 1981. As part of his new book, In the Royal Manner, he shares his secrets for elegant entertaining. Early Show Co-Anchor Jane Clayson and Burrell shared a chat and a few tea at the Palm Court in New York's Plaza Hotel. More News"Simplicity is paramount to elegant entertaining," he states.To make any party better, Burrell has three simple rules:Relax. Enjoy yourself.Resist the urge to try anything outrageous or whatever you haven't tried before.Keep it uncomplicated. And remember your budget.Also, remember to be a good guest."I think it is advisable to put pen to paper and thank people for the wonderful evening or a present," Burrell advises. "To be considered a [good] guest, remember to take along a great gift when you go to visit someone - tea or even a candle or something appropriate for the night."When you are hosting a meal, you are able to dress up the table by folding the napkins in elegant shapes."Remember that Irish linen is the greatest in the world," says Burrell. "You need square napkins."Burrell was 8 years old when he first visited Buckingham Palace. Back then, he announced to his parents that they would work there some day.At 18, Burrell entered intend to the royal family. Expensive hotels and catering school graduate, he became a footman to Queen Elizabeth and Prince Phillip, traveling the globe with them and, when in your house, he organized the family's entertaining of official visitors and heads of state.In 1987, he went to work for Prince Charles and Diana Spencer. 5yrs later, when the couple separated, he remained in Diana's employ, traveling with her on all official and lots of family trips and, when home working in london, he attended to all her home entertaining.Burrell was the only real nonfamily member at Diana's funeral and burial at Althorp, her house. Shortly after the death with the Princess of Wales, Queen Elizabeth presented Burrell together with the Royal Victoria Medal (her special decoration) in recognition of his services to the princess.He served since the public fund-raiser for the Diana, Princess of Wales Memorial Fund until 1998. He resides in England with his wife and 2 sons.Princess Diana's style was distinctive from that of the rest of the royal family."They entertain with a stage," Burrell explains. "It's very grand and history and heritage, and to start to see the royal family performing this way with their diamonds an their beautiful evening dresses and process to a state banquet, it is staged."The princess, again, took away every one of the formality and brought it as a result of simplicity," he concludes. "We can all bring this back."Princess Diana's method of entertaining is the hallmark of Inside the Royal Manner. "She's there between those 144 pages," says Burrell. "Her style is thru my book." ugg bailey button sale Kmart won't discuss this situation but says it "reasonably accommodates associates' beliefs unless the accommodation causes undue hardship."

[url=http://www.ahlborn-kirchenorgeln.com/uggspascher.html]ugg australia[/url]

Forum » OOC (Out of Character) » OOC Forum » REM student ugg womens boots
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024